MARTINI Jewels uses only recycled sterling silver, 14 k gold, 14 k gold filled and niobium and is nickel free. Each piece arrives with a small jewelry cleaning cloth. In addition to the cleaning cloth, there are other ways to keep your jewelry looking new and fresh for a lifetime.
Avoid swimming pools, spas, chlorine, yard-work and contact sports while wearing your jewelry.
Wear after applying perfume, makeup, and lotions.
Remove before bathing or sleeping.
Securely store your jewelry inside a jewelry box or small plastic baggie.
If necessary, clean silver jewelry by washing with warm water and a mild soap (note this will remove any original patina at the time the piece was fabricated)
If your jewelry has stones or pearls, make sure they can withstand the cleaning process. Some stones are naturally soft, and chemical processes may destroy them.
Here's a natural way to clean your sterling silver jewelry at home:
- Line a Pyrex dish with aluminum foil, shiny side facing up.
- Add your tarnished jewelry to the foil, be sure to not crowd the jewelry and do not allow jewelry to touch.
- Heat 1 cup of water to a rolling boil (enough water to cover jewelry).
- Add baking soda 1 - 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of sea salt to boiling water.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until baking soda and sea salt dissolves.
- Carefully pour the water/baking soda mixture into tray of jewelry.
- Bubbles will appear and lift away from the tarnished jewelry.
- Once cool, remove the jewelry and rinse with warm running water.
- If any tarnish is still present, repeat process using a new sheet of aluminum foil.
- Thoroughly blot jewelry dry and store in an airtight container or display.
Sterling silver is a soft metal, do not use a regular toothbrush to clean. Instead, try using a soft, nonabrasive sponge or an infant toothbrush and warm water with a mid soap to remove any grit or dirt. Fresh lemon juice, baking soda mixed in an aluminum foil-lined container also helps revive the brightness of your sterling silver jewelry.
There are a variety of gold karats (10K, 14K, 18K, 24K) and are easily cleaned using polishing clothes or warm, mild soapy water with a soft cloth to keep them fresh and clean.
Clean gold vermeil jewelry with a microfiber cloth and gently buff to maintain shine. Keep gold vermeil jewelry from chemically treated jewelry polishing cloths and jewelry cleaning solutions, as the cleaners can damage the life of your jewelry over time. Over time, gold vermeil jewelry will naturally tarnish.
Gold-filled jewelry has a solid layer of 14K gold bonded over a base metal, typically brass. 14K gold-filled is hypoallergenic. Clean gold-filled jewelry microfiber cloths. Store in an airtight container to maintain its luster. If you absolutely can not get the original finish back, contact us.